Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blog Post #3

 The book that I'm reading in my bookclub is Turnabout by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  One of my favorite characters in the book is Anny Beth.  I love Anny Beth because she is rebellious and brings a hint of spontaneousness to the book.  Plus, she is a really positive person bringing some lightness into the story. For example on pg 52 Anny Beth says "I'm here to tell you I messed up my first life bad and I'm tickled pink to get another chance. I plan to enjoy it."  This is when Anny Beth is commenting on Mrs. Swanson , another Project Turnabout member, comitting suicide because of the side effects of the project.  Mrs. Swanson couldn't see her family and that led her to death, but Anny Beth was the opposite and embraced the project, seeing it as a good thing instead of a bad.  Another place where Anny Beth shows these qualities is on pg 120 when she says"Yes, we'll goo to Kentucky." This was super risky because Kentucky was where Melly and Anny Beth used to live.  If they went back there and somebody recognized them then their secret would be out and Project Turnabout would be revealed. These are the reasons why I love Anny Beth as a character.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Preethi! I agree with you that Anny Beth does seem rebellious.

    ReplyDelete